Here are some photos from Tikal yesterday...
KRISTI: Hey everyone. We drove to Flores, Peten Guatemala yesterday. (no problems just a little border paperwork and we are driving all over the place - It's great!) Charles and I met up with some folks at Wildlife Conservation Society in Remate and Flores (office). They treated us to a nice lunch on the lake, a tour of Tikal, and found us a sweet pad in Flores we're renting for $130 a month... (that's right, one hundred bucks a month in Flores - heh heh). We're headed for a day trip to Waka Peru field station west of Flores tomorrow - this is where they will be training us on Scarlet Macaw monitoring. (Charles will get to test his jumars and climbing rope finally). We'll also learn to measure and weigh macaw chicks. The plan is to be out at the field station and then returning to Flores for the weekends (for about 3-4 weeks). It's hot as hell here ...holy cow. I've never loved a fan and A/C more than now. Other than the crazy heat/humidity, we're doing great. Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing the station. I'll take a week or so break up (up in the states) and then get some training when I get back for a week or so... mostly i'm fine being on the ground and handling the chicks (i hope). Also, i guess being the wimp that I am, I'm cool with just getting a dose of training at the field station (and the heat). Maybe when I get back, the rains will have started to cool things down a bit. I guess we'll see how things go!
We heard about this earthquake this morning (some wood houses and a water tower collapsed in Belize although the eipcenter was near Roatan, Honduras). http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30976505/
No comments:
Post a Comment