Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Monday



Well hello. Here are some pictures from today - I drove Charles, Dr. Ed Boles and Nari to the Chalillo dam site where they will begin tomorrow for Cushta Bani(sp?) this site they didn't get to by foot last year. Chapal, the manager of Las Cuevas gave them some good tips so they think they can make this trip in and out in 5 days. Meanwhile, Ernesto and I are off tomorrow south of Punta Gorda to Barranco and Crique Sarco villages for some more community surveys. Then we'll be on call from Thursday getting in whatever other surveys we can before heading to the Chiquibul to pick them up Friday or Saturday.

This past weekend we headed to visit our friend Gonzalo and his family (Susie and the girls) in Orange Walk. We stayed at their place and took in a show they put on - his band is getting really good. Saturday I was able to squeeze in a survey in Crooked Tree (convenient it was a good birding area for Charles too!). Now I'm three down, 10 villages to go! Feeling good. Although we're tired, we're plugging away and feeling good about what we're accomplishing. We'll have fun on weekends. Placencia is next weekend (me for sure since I'll be there already for surveys - heh heh) and hopefully Charles coming out on Saturday can make it. More later - I hope you all are well. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment